I read more non-fiction books this year than ever before, but I want to do even more reading in 2016. So I’ve set a new goal of reading one book a week, which is quite challenging for me (I know I know… I read really slow!)
I already had this long list of books that I wanted to read before 2017 rolls over, but something was missing: I was going to be reading all these books, but that would still mean that all the stories, lessons, and information would die with me. By the end of the year I’d consume all that info without anyone else benefitting from it.
And that’s when I thought it’d be a fun idea to make a video summarising what I’ve read. It’ll just be a quick “what’s it all about” and maybe three to five big ideas. Since they’re mostly non-fiction / entrepreneurship books, there’s bound to be at least one nugget that you can use.
It won’t be a boring half hour lecture – just something quick and concise. I know everyone’s busier than ever.
Here’s the deal…
I’ve listed 52 books for 2017, but I really won’t have time to make a video for every single book on it. I could read it for sure, but producing and editing even a very short video takes a ton of time.
So here’s what we’ll do: If you buy any of the books below for me via Amazon, then that’s what I’ll include in my list of videos to make. I’ll read it, pick out the best bits, then shoot the vid to upload on YouTube. Of course I’ll thank you in the video too! I’ll only keep this list up until 31 December 2015 – you won’t be able to access my Amazon Wishlist after that.
So if you’ve wanted to read any of these books but don’t have the time or patience, let me read it for you. I’m pretty good at making complex things easy to understand, and I’ll always keep getting better at doing that.
Plus, you’re doing a great service for other people who want to learn stuff from these books but don’t want to spend time going through them. It’s great karma!
One more thing…
There are a ton of kids and adults in The Philippines who can and want to read, but don’t have cash for books. That’s why for every single Kindle e-book that gets gifted to me in this list, I’m buying and donating three physical books from Books For Less to Books For A Cause, an advocacy that sends books to remote areas and introduces mini libraries to impoverished areas in The Philippines.
That’s a potential 156 books donated, enough for a couple of bookshelves that’ll keep kids reading and learning for years to come! Not only are you helping me reach my book a week goal, but you’re also helping other people learn more about that book through the video I’ll be posting, plus you’re helping kids today and in the future with those books I’ll be donating. Even more reason to pick out a book from this list – you’ll be a saint!
How to get the books
- Click here to go to my Amazon Kindle wishlist which has all 52 books (I’ve also listed them below).
- Find a book you’d like to get for me, and then click “Give as a Gift”.
- Login to your account, and choose “Email the gift directly to my recipient” (aka me!). You don’t need to pay any shipping because it’s a Kindle book sent via e-mail. You can even send me a little note to go with it
Check out the list of 52 books below. Again, click here to go straight to my Amazon Wishlist.
The 52 Books
1. Team Genius by Rich Karlgaard and Michael S. Malone
2. Serial Winner by Larry Weidel
3. You Win in the Locker Room First: The 7 C’s to Build a Winning Team in Business, Sports, and Life
by Jon Gordon and Mike Smith
4. Launch by Jeff Walker
5. Corporate Awesome Sauce: Success Rules for Generation Y
by Richie Etwaru and Dhar Ramdehal
6. An Enemy Called Average John Mason
7. You’re Born An Original, Don’t Die A Copy John Mason
8. Agile Selling by Jill Konrath
9. The Go-giver by Bob Burg and John David Mann
10. The Sales Acceleration Formula by Mike Roberge
11. Fanatical Prospecting by Jeb Blount
12. Hacking Sales by Max Altschuler
13. The Ultimate Sales Machine: Turbocharge Your Business with Relentless Focus on 12 Key Strategies by Chet Holmes
14. Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got: 21 Ways You Can Out-Think, Out-Perform, and Out-Earn the Competition by Jay Abraham
15. Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration by Ed Catmull
16. Turning Pro by Steven Pressfield
17. The Ultimate Sales Revolution by Steve Lishansky
18. Beyond Booked Solid: Your Business, Your Life, Your Way – It’s All Inside by Michael Port
19. The LinkedIn Code by Melonie Dorado
20. High Paying Clients for Life: A Simple Step By Step System Proven To Sell High Ticket Products And Services by Trevor Crane
21. Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brene Brown
22. The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers by Ben Horowitz
23. Ask by Ryan Levesque
24. Content Inc.: How Entrepreneurs Use Content to Build Massive Audiences and Create Radically Successful Businesses by Joe Pulizzi
25. Content Machine: Use Content Marketing to Build a 7-figure Business With Zero Advertising by Dan Norris
26. Virtual Freedom by Chris Ducker
27. Profit Hacking: The Web Entrepreneur’s 3 Part Formula For Maximizing Success by Steven Daar
28. Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content by Ann Handley
29. Trust Funnel by Brian Johnson
30. Managing Content Marketing: The Real-World Guide for Creating Passionate Subscribers to Your Brand by Robert Rose
31. The Membership Economy by Robbie Kellman Baxter
32. The Sell by Fredrik Eklund and Bruce Littlefield
33. Rejection Proof by Jia Jiang
34. The Achievement Habits by Bernard Roth
35. The Business Romantic by Tim Leberecht
36. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
37. A Curious mind by Brian Grazer & Charles Fishman
38. Calming the Chaos by Jackie Woodside
39. Clay Water Brick by Jessica Jackley
40. Are You Fully Charged? by Tom Rath
41. Leap by Tess Vigeland
42. The Surrender Experiment: My Journey into Life’s Perfection by Michael Singer
43. The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure by Grant Cardone
44. We Are All Weird: The Rise of Tribes and the End of Normal by Seth Godin
45. Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time by Jeff Sutherland
46. The Miracle Morning by Hal Erod
47. Poke The Box by Seth Godin
48. The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated by Tim Ferris
49. Anything You Want: 40 Lessons for a New Kind of Entrepreneur by Derek Sivers
50. Getting There by Gillian Zoe Segal
51. Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard by Chip Heath
52. The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy by Jon Gordon